My Husband Was Deported And I Want a Divorce

I want a divorce because my husband was deported. I can’t live with someone who isn’t here legally. It’s just too much stress and worry.

I need to be able to move on with my life and not have to worry about him being deported again.

My husband was deported and I want a divorce. We have been married for four years, and together for six. He is from Mexico and I am from the United States.

We have two young children together, ages three and one. My husband was working in the United States illegally when we met. I knew about his status but it didn’t matter to me. I loved him and he loved me.

We decided to get married and start a family together. Now, everything has changed. My husband was caught by immigration and deported back to Mexico.

I am now left here alone with our two kids. I can’t do this by myself.

What Do I Do If My Husband Gets Deported?

If your husband gets deported, it can be a very difficult and stressful experience. Here are some things that you can do to help make the situation easier: 1. Stay in touch with your husband as much as possible.

This can be done through phone calls, text messages, emails, social media, or even video chats. Keeping in touch will help you both feel closer to each other and will make the transition easier. 2. Keep up with his case.

Make sure to know what is happening with his case and what the next steps are. This way you can be prepared for anything that may happen. 3. Get support from family and friends.

Lean on your loved ones for support during this difficult time. They can help you emotionally and practically, such as watching your children while you deal with things related to the deportation. 4..


What Happens If I Divorce My Immigrant Spouse?

If you are a Permanent Resident or Citizen of the United States and you divorce your immigrant spouse, there may be immigration consequences. Your immigrant spouse may have obtained their status by marrying you. If the marriage was less than two years old when they got their Green Card, then their Green Card will be conditional.

This means that if you divorce within two years of them getting their Green Card, their status will be revoked and they will be deported. Even if your marriage was more than two years old when they got their Green Card, the divorce could still have immigration consequences. If your ex-spouse used your marriage to get their Green Card, they may be accused of “marriage fraud.”

If they are found guilty of this, they will be deported and will never be allowed to return to the United States. They may also find it difficult to get a visa in the future. If you have children together, the divorce may also affect their immigration status.

If your child is under 21 and unmarried, they will likely lose their right to a Green Card as well. However, if your child is over 21 or married, they should not be affected by the divorce as long as they apply for a waiver based on extreme hardship (if applicable).

Do the Immigration Know If We Got Divorced?

If you are a foreign national who is married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and you divorce your spouse, you will not automatically lose your status as a permanent resident or be deported from the United States. However, if you obtained your green card through marriage, and you divorce before having been married for two years, USCIS (the agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States) may deem your marriage to have been fraudulent and terminate your permanent resident status. In order to avoid this outcome, if you divorce before completing two years of marriage, you will need to apply for a new green card based on another ground for eligibility such as employment or family relationship.

Do I Have to Report Divorce to Uscis?

The answer to this question is unfortunately, it depends. In some cases, you will need to report your divorce to USCIS, while in others you may not need to do so. It really just depends on your specific situation and what other factors are at play.

For example, if you have already filed for immigration benefits based on your marriage, then you will likely need to update USCIS about your divorce status. On the other hand, if you have not yet filed any immigration paperwork, then chances are you will not need to inform USCIS of your divorce. There are a few key things that you should keep in mind if you find yourself in this situation.

First and foremost, make sure that you keep copies of all relevant documentation pertaining to your divorce. This includes things like the final divorce decree, as well as any financial or custody agreements that were reached during the process. Having these documents on hand will be helpful if you do end up needing to update USCIS about your changed marital status.

Additionally, it’s important to stay organized and keep track of any deadlines that might be associated with updating USCIS about your divorce. Depending on the circumstances, there could be time-sensitive filing requirements that must be met in order for everything to be processed correctly. Missing a deadline could potentially delay or even derail your entire immigration case, so it’s definitely something worth paying attention to.

If you’re still unsure about whether or not reporting your divorce to USCIS is necessary in your particular situation, it’s always best err on the side of caution and go ahead with doing so. That way, you can avoid any potential complications down the road and ensure that everything stays on track with regard to your immigration case.

divorce = deportation? PROBABLY not.

If My Husband was Deported am I Entitled to His Social Security

If your husband is deported, you are still entitled to his Social Security benefits. This is because the Social Security Administration (SSA) does not consider deportation as a reason to terminate benefits. However, there are some conditions that must be met in order for you to collect these benefits.

First, you must have been married to your husband for at least 10 years. If you were married for less than 10 years, you will not be eligible for any benefits. Second, you must be currently living in the United States.

If you are living outside of the US, you will not be able to collect your husband’s Social Security benefits. Third, you must meet certain income requirements. The SSA will look at your total household income and compare it to the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

If your household income is below the poverty guidelines, you may still be eligible for some benefits. Fourth, if you remarry after your husband is deported, you will no longer be eligible for his Social Security benefits.

My Husband Got Deported What Do I Do

It’s a question that no one ever wants to ask themselves: “My husband got deported, what do I do?” But unfortunately, it’s a reality for many people in the United States. If your husband has been deported, there are a few things you can do to try and reunite with him.

First, if your husband has been deported back to his home country, you’ll need to contact an immigration lawyer in that country. They will be able to help you navigate the process of getting your husband a visa so he can return to the United States. This can be a long and complicated process, so it’s important to have professional help.

Second, if your husband is in detention in the United States, you can contact an immigration lawyer here as well. They may be able to help get him released from detention and returned to you. Again, this process can be complex, so it’s best to have legal assistance.

Finally, even if your husband has already been deported and you don’t think there’s any way to bring him back, don’t give up hope. There are organizations that work on behalf of families separated by deportation and they may be able to help you find your husband and reunited with him.

Psychological Effects of Spouse Deportation

The deportation of a spouse can have serious psychological effects on the remaining spouse and family. The deported spouse is often the primary breadwinner and their absence can cause financial hardship. The remaining spouse may also suffer from depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.

Children may also be affected, experiencing behavioral problems, sleep difficulties, and academic issues.

How to Stop My Husband from Being Deported

If your husband is in danger of being deported, there are a few things you can do to help him stay in the country. First, you should try to get him a green card or other legal status that will allow him to stay in the United States. You can also contact an immigration lawyer who can help you with your husband’s case.

If your husband has been arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), you can contact an ICE bondsman to help him get out of detention. Finally, you can also try to publicize your husband’s story in the media to put pressure on ICE to release him.


The author of this blog post is clearly going through a tough time. Her husband was deported and she wants a divorce. She is struggling with the idea of being a single mother and wonders how she will ever be able to move on.

However, she ends on a note of hope, saying that she knows there are other women in her situation and that they are all fighting for their families. This is an inspiring story of strength in the face of adversity.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *