How to Find Divorce Date for Passport?

Getting divorced can be an emotionally tough time, but there are some practical considerations that need to be taken care of as well. One of these is getting a new passport. If your divorce is finalized and you have changed your name, you will need to get a new passport in your new name.

Here’s how to find your divorce date for passport purposes.

  • Gather all necessary paperwork
  • In order to obtain a copy of your divorce decree, you will need to have the following on hand: the full names of both parties involved in the divorce, the date of divorce, and the city and state where the divorce was finalized
  • Contact your local county clerk’s office
  • Once you have gathered all of the required information, you will need to contact your local county clerk’s office in order to request a copy of your divorce decree
  • Request a certified copy of your divorce decree
  • When requesting a copy of your divorce decree from the county clerk’s office, be sure to specify that you would like a certified copy
  • A certified copy is an official document that can be used for legal purposes, such as changing your name on a passport
  • Pay any required fees
  • Most county clerk’s offices will charge a small fee for providing copies of documents such as divorce decrees
  • Be sure to ask about any applicable fees before requesting your document so that there are no surprises when it comes time to pay up

*Passport *married couple *passport agent

How to Find My Divorce Date Online for Free

If you’re looking for your divorce date online, there are a few ways to do it for free. One way is to search public records. You can usually find these records through your state’s website or the county clerk’s office.

Another way to find your divorce date is to search for it in an online database. These databases are usually maintained by the state court system and they may be available to the public for free. Finally, you can try contacting your local courthouse directly and asking them for copies of your divorce decree or other documents that would list your divorce date.

Do You Have to Put the Ex-Spouse’s Info for the Passport?

No, you are not required to include your ex-spouse’s information on your passport application.

How Do You Find Out If You are Divorced?

If you think you might be divorced, there are a few ways to find out for sure. You can check with the court that handled your divorce case, contact an attorney who represented you in the divorce or search online public records. If you were divorced in the past but don’t have a copy of your divorce decree, you can try to obtain one from the court that handled your case.

Many courts allow people to access their own records online, but some require a visit in person. You will need to provide your name and date of divorce, and there may be a small fee. If you have an attorney who represented you in the divorce, he or she should have a copy of the decree on file.

You can usually request copies of documents from your attorney for free or for a small fee. If your attorney is no longer practicing, you may be able to get information from his or her law firm. Many states post Divorce Decrees online through their Respective Court’s websites.

To locate these records start with a general web search using terms like “divorce decrees” + [state where divorced]. If this does not work then try searching country-specific websites where the divorce was finalized as they sometimes post older documents online as well.

Does Us Passport Show Marital Status?

No, a US passport does not show your marital status. The only information that is included on a US passport is your name, date of birth, and place of birth. If you are married, you may choose to include your spouse’s name in the “name” field on your passport application, but this is not required.

Can I Use My Passport If I Got Divorced?

If you have gone through a divorce, you may be wondering if your passport is still valid. The answer to this question depends on a few factors. First, it is important to check the expiration date on your passport.

If your passport was issued before your marriage, it will likely remain valid after your divorce. However, if your passport was issued during or after your marriage, it will only be valid for two years from the date of issuance. Second, you will need to determine whether your name has changed as a result of the divorce.

If so, you will need to get a new passport with your new name. This can be done by submitting an application form along with supporting documentation (e.g., a copy of the divorce decree). Finally, you should check with the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit to see if they have any specific requirements for travelers who have been divorced.

In general, however, most countries do not require anything beyond a valid passport and proof of onward travel in order to grant entry.


If you’re applying for a passport and need to include information about your divorce, you can typically find the date of your divorce on the divorce decree. The decree is a court document that officially ends your marriage. Once you have the decree, you can apply for your passport.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *