Child Support from Puerto Rico to Florida

If you are the non-custodial parent in Florida and the custodial parent is in Puerto Rico, you can still seek child support from the other parent. You will need to contact the local child support enforcement agency in Puerto Rico and request help with establishing paternity (if necessary) and collecting support. The process may take some time, but it is possible to get child support from a parent who lives in another state or country.

If you have children and are getting a divorce, you may be wondering about child support. Can one parent get child support from another parent who lives in a different state? In general, yes.

But it can be more complicated if the parent who owes child support lives in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States, so its laws on child support are similar to those in other states. However, there are some important differences that you should be aware of.

For example, in Florida, child support is calculated based on the income of both parents and the number of overnight visits each parent has with the child. But in Puerto Rico, only the income of the parent who owes child support is considered. The number of overnight visits isn’t taken into account at all.

Another difference is that Florida law requires both parents to provide health insurance for their children if it’s available at a reasonable cost. In Puerto Rico, however, only the parent who owes child support has to provide health insurance for the children. Because of these differences, it’s important to get legal advice before proceeding with any kind of action relating to child support when oneparent lives in Puerto Rico and the other parent lives in Florida.

Does Florida Enforce Out of State Child Support?

If you have a child support order from another state, can Florida help you collect the payments? The answer is yes. Florida has reciprocity agreements with all states in the U.S. that require each state to enforce child support orders from other states.

This means that if you have a valid child support order from another state, and the non-custodial parent (the parent who owes the support) lives in Florida, then Florida must help you enforce the order. You can do this by registering the out-of-state order in Florida. Once an out-of-state child support order is registered in Florida, the Department of Revenue will take over enforcement of the order.

They will locate the non-custodial parent and take steps to collect the payments that are owed. This may include wage garnishment, interception of tax refunds, or seizure of assets. If you are owed child support from a non-custodial parent who lives in another state, you should contact an attorney to help you register the out-of-state child support order in Florida so that enforcement action can begin.

Can Us Child Support Be Enforced in Another Country?

If you have a child support order in place in the United States, you may be wondering if it can be enforced in another country. The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, including the laws of the other country and whether that country has entered into an agreement with the United States for enforcing child support orders. Generally speaking, if the other country has laws that are similar enough to U.S. laws and they have an agreement with the United States for enforcing child support orders, then your U.S. child support order can usually be enforced in that country.

However, there are some countries that do not have such agreements in place or whose laws are so different from U.S. laws that enforcement is not possible. In these cases, you may need to seek other forms of relief, such as working directly with the non-custodial parent to try to come to an agreement on payment of child support outside of the legal system. If you believe your child’s other parent is located in a country where enforcement of your U.S.-based child support order is possible, you should contact your local child support enforcement agency or an attorney familiar with international law to discuss next steps for seeking enforcement of your order.

Does Puerto Rico Have Child Support?

According to the Puerto Rico Department of Family Affairs, child support is available for children whose parents are divorced, separated, or were never married. The parent who does not have custody of the child is required to pay child support, which is typically paid to the parent with custody. Child support payments are generally made through the court system, and failure to make payments can result in penalties such as wage garnishment or jail time.

How Long Does Child Support Last in Puerto Rico?

In Puerto Rico, child support typically lasts until the child reaches the age of 18. However, there are some circumstances in which child support may continue beyond this point. For example, if the child is still attending high school when they turn 18, then child support will usually continue until they graduate.

Additionally, if the child has special needs that require ongoing support and care, then child support may be extended indefinitely. If you are a parent who is owed child support, it is important to keep track of any changes in your ex-partner’s financial situation. If they suddenly come into more money or get a promotion at work, for example, you may be able to petition the court for an increase in the amount of child support you receive.

Conversely, if your ex-partner loses their job or suffers a decrease in income, you may be able to request a reduction in the amount of child support you pay. Child support can be a complex issue, so it’s always best to seek professional legal advice if you have any questions or concerns about your particular situation.

When Does Child Support End?

Child Support Indiana

If you are a non-custodial parent in the state of Indiana, you are responsible for paying child support. Child support is the money that a non-custodial parent pays to help with the costs of raising their child. The amount of child support that a non-custodial parent must pay is based on their income and the number of children they have.

The Indiana Child Support Guidelines are used to determine how much child support should be paid. These guidelines consider both parents’ incomes, the number of children, and the amount of time each parent spends with the children. The guidelines also take into account any special needs that the children may have.

Child support payments are made through the Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS). DCS can help locate a non-custodial parent who has not been making their required child support payments. DCS can also help set up a payment plan for a non-custodial parent who is having trouble making their payments.

If you are a custodial parent in Indiana and you need help collecting child support from the other parent, you can contact DCS for assistance. Custodial parents can also use DCS’s online services to track their child support payments and view account information.

Indiana Child Support Laws

Indiana’s child support laws are designed to ensure that children receive the financial support they need from both parents. The state has a specific formula for calculating child support, which takes into account each parent’s income and the number of overnight visits the child has with each parent. Parents are also required to provide health insurance for their children if it is available at a reasonable cost.

Child support payments are typically made through the Indiana Child Support Bureau, which collects and distributes payments on behalf of children. Parents who are behind on their child support payments may be subject to wage garnishment or other enforcement actions.

How Much Back Child Support is a Felony in Indiana

If you owe more than $5,000 in back child support in Indiana, it is considered a felony. This means that if you are caught not paying your child support, you could be facing some serious penalties. These penalties can include up to six years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000.

If you have been ordered to pay child support and are struggling to make the payments, it is important to contact the child support office as soon as possible to try and work out a payment plan. If you wait too long and end up owing a large amount of back child support, you could be facing some serious consequences.

Legal Question And Answer

If you have a legal question, chances are you can find the answer online. There are many websites that offer free legal advice and information, and many of them have Q&A sections where users can ask and answer questions. One of the most popular places to get free legal advice is Avvo.

Avvo is a website that offers free legal advice from over 150,000 lawyers across the United States. You can search for lawyers by practice area and location, and read reviews from other users. Once you find a lawyer you like, you can contact them directly to ask your question.

Another great place to get free legal advice is Nolo. Nolo is a website that provides self-help books, software, and articles on a variety of legal topics. They also have a Q&A section where users can ask and answer questions.

Nolo also has an extensive library of sample forms and letters that you can use for your own case. If you need more detailed information or want to speak with a lawyer directly, you can always contact your local bar association. Most bar associations have referral services where they will connect you with a lawyer who specializes in your area of need.


If you are a non-custodial parent in Puerto Rico and you owe child support, you may be wondering if you can move to Florida. The answer is yes, but there are some things you need to do first. You will need to contact the child support office in both Puerto Rico and Florida and let them know of your plans.

Once you have done that, you can then begin making your payments through the Florida child support office.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *