Can You Drop a Custody Case

Yes, you can drop a custody case. You may do so by filing a motion to dismiss with the court. This must be done with the opposing party’s consent, however.

If the other party does not agree to the dismissal, then you will have to prove to the court that there are grounds for dismissal.

  • Speak with an attorney: It is important to speak with an attorney before taking any legal action
  • An attorney can help you understand your rights and options, as well as the possible risks and outcomes of your case
  • File a motion to dismiss: Once you have spoken with an attorney, you may file a motion to dismiss your custody case
  • This document must be filed with the court and served on the other party
  • Attend the hearing: After the motion to dismiss is filed, there will be a hearing where both parties will have an opportunity to present their arguments
  • The judge will then make a decision on whether or not to dismiss the case

Can a Child Choose to Live With the Non Custodial Parent in Texas?

In Texas, a child cannot choose to live with the non-custodial parent unless there is a court order in place stating otherwise. The custodial parent has the legal right to make decisions regarding the child’s residence, schooling, and medical care. If the non-custodial parent wants to change the arrangement, they must petition the court for a modification of custody.

How Do I Change My Custody Agreement in Texas?

If you are a resident of Texas and wish to change your custody agreement, you must file a petition with the court. The process can be complicated, so it is advisable to seek legal counsel before proceeding. In order to change your custody agreement, the court must find that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances since the original order was issued.

If you and the other parent cannot agree on the changes, the court will make a determination based on what is in the best interests of the child.

Can You Take Someone off Child Support And Put Them Back on in Texas?

If you are a non-custodial parent in Texas and you want to take yourself off of child support, there are a few ways to do this. One way is to file a Motion to Terminate Support with the court that ordered the support. Another way is to sign an Agreed Order with the other parent (the custodial parent) and have it approved by the court.

And finally, you can file a Waiver of Rights form with the Office of the Attorney General. If you are a custodial parent in Texas and you want to put someone back on child support, there are also a few ways to do this. You can file a Motion to Enforce Support with the court that originally ordered the support.

You can also file an Affidavit and Motion for Contempt with your local child support office.

Can Parents Agree to No Child Support in Texas?

In Texas, as in all other states, child support is a legal obligation of both parents. A parent cannot unilaterally waive child support. However, the parents can agree to an alternate arrangement outside of court, such as one where the custodial parent agrees to forgo child support payments in exchange for receiving a greater share of parenting time.

Such an agreement would have to be approved by a judge to ensure that it is in the best interests of the child.

Winning A Custody Battle – 3 Mistakes That Stop You From Winning A Custody Battle

Motion to Dismiss Child Custody Case

When a party files a motion to dismiss in a child custody case, they are asking the court to end the case without making a decision on the merits of the case. There are many reasons why a party might file such a motion, including lack of evidence, failure to state a claim, or lack of jurisdiction. In some cases, the moving party may also argue that the opposing party has waived their right to contest custody by failing to timely file certain documents or appear for scheduled hearings.

If the court grants the motion to dismiss, the case will be ended and no custody determination will be made.

How to Win a Custody Modification Case Texas

If you are a non-custodial parent in Texas and would like to win a custody modification case, there are certain things you need to do. First and foremost, it is important that you have a valid reason for seeking the modification. The court will not rule in your favor simply because you want more time with your child or think that the other parent is doing a better job.

You must be able to show that there has been a material change in circumstances since the original custody order was issued that warrants a change in custody. Some common reasons for seeking a custody modification include: -The custodial parent has moved out of state

-The custodial parent has been incarcerated -The custodial parent has developed an addiction problem -The child’s needs have changed (e.g., they are now older and need more parental supervision)

-There has been evidence of abuse or neglect by the custodial parent If you can show that one or more of these factors exists, then you stand a good chance of winning your custody modification case. However, even if you have grounds for seeking a modification, it is still important to hire an experienced family law attorney to help you through the process.

Can a Judge Dismiss a Custody Case

It is possible for a judge to dismiss a custody case if he or she believes that the case is not in the best interest of the child. Factors that a judge may consider when making this determination include whether the parents are able to cooperate and communicate with each other, whether there is any history of domestic violence, and whether the child has any special needs. If the judge believes that it would be in the best interest of the child to have one parent assume primary custody, he or she may dismiss the case.

Grounds for Modification of Custody in Texas

If you are seeking to modify the terms of your child custody arrangement in Texas, there are certain grounds that must be met in order for the court to consider your request. First, you must show that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances since the original custody order was issued. This could include a change in work schedule, a move to a new location, or any other significant alteration to your life or the life of your child.

Additionally, you must demonstrate that this change in circumstances has had a negative impact on your child’s welfare. For example, if you have moved to a new city and your ex-spouse is now responsible for all childcare, this could be detrimental to your child’s well-being. The court will also consider whether modifying custody would be in the best interests of the child.

Factors such as the child’s age, relationship with each parent, and overall stability will be taken into account. If you believe you have grounds for modifying custody in Texas, it is important to speak with an experienced family law attorney who can help you navigate the process and ensure that your rights are protected.


The author of this blog post argues that you can drop a custody case, but offers no clear guidance on how to do so. She seems to think that it is possible to negotiate with the other parent outside of court, but does not offer any specific advice on how to go about doing this. In conclusion, while you may be able to drop a custody case, it is not clear how easy or difficult this process may be.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *